Wednesday 8 August 2012

Sour Girl


Sour Girl, a photo by rothwell172 on Flickr.
Hey all and thanks for reading! The last few days been hectic awaiting news of did I get the job at totalwarrior an event in the Lake District, which unfortunately they wouldn't pay the way!

Aagh some days are better than others, offers will come and go am sure. You may remember me talking about Ted Forbes an inspirational creator, photographer, blogger and all round nice guy!

On his podcasts which I'm always listening/watching when I get the opportunity, one episode he spoke of metaphors in photography, so as you do you google some examples then it becomes clearer.

So I thought I would do a series a shots, that would focus on metaphors and i've found this very inspiring!

This shot is of a piece called 'Speed' sculpted by Edmund C Thompson, thanks goes to my fellow Flickreeno Jon Gibbons for this information.

I thought the piece looked a lot like a pilot with the headgear and goggles, of course it's apposition leans towards it origin.

For myself though at first glance, i thought of that American band Stone Temple Pilots and thought of the equally impressive track 'Sour Girl', a track that was so out of the ordinary.

Although we should stick to the subject, it reminds me of a pilot, A Stone Temple Pilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment